I’m so happy to have tested Cupcake Digital’s new App, Wuzby y El Tren Loco Spanish App which shows the newest Spanish version of Wubbzy’s adventures! The company is committed to providing opportunities for exposing children to a new language with the option to switch from English to Spanish.
Wubbzy y El Tren Loco features a fun-filled story in which Wubbzy and his friends face silly obstacles, when their train breaks down on the way to the Kooky Karnival.
This wonderful app for big and little kids is available for $2.99 on the Apple App Store, Amazon, Google Play and the Barnes & Noble NOOK Store (TM) for iOS, Android, NOOK and Kindle Fire devices. The great thing is that the English/Spanish version can be downloaded new or the addition of a Spanish language option is a free upgrade for those who already own the English version.
Wubbzy y El Tren Loco features:
– Playful mini-games within the story and added learning games for practice of number, letter and sight word recognition.
– Professional narration of the same story in English and Spanish is a good introduction for initiating natural language acquisition.
– Individually highlighted words in the app are designed specifically for teaching the basics of spelling and vocabulary and can be used to practice Spanish.
– Three reading modes: Just a Book for quiet reading time, Read to Me and Read & Play.
– Spanish subtitles have been added to three original sing-along music videos from the popular Emmy (R) award-winning series.
– Coloring pages with scenes straight from the story.
– A Grown-Up’s Corner to guide parents, teachers and caregivers in discussing the story with kids.
My students and I explored the adventures and funny, interactive obstacles which makes this app, not only a great way to help families teach and practice Spanish but also shows a super fun way for children to embrace a foreign language and learn while playing!
As an instructor, I would highly recommend it! I’ve used for two weeks with more than 80 students, ages 4-6 and they totally loved it, so much they are asking their parents to download the app to use it at home!
For more information, visit http://www.cupcakedigital.com/apps-en-espanol/.