Since the age of 3, I have been suffering from allergies, red nose, sniffing, sinus infections, coughing, you name it! When you are not feeling well inside or outside, it is hard to feel beautiful! Especially because, in my case, I have to live with allergies as a part of my daily life!
When I moved to the US, I acquired different types of nasal allergies and also found some amazing tools to handle my allergies and keep my face and body feeling great, while having allergies! It made a huge difference and I wanted to share some of it with you!
My allergies are now mostly seasonal. With spring in full swing for most of the country, the warm weather has begun to trigger seasonal allergies, which can affect not only the way I feel, but also how I look.
Well, I recently found out that the makers of ZYRTEC® have partnered with beauty and fashion expert, Carmen Ordoñez, to help women, like me combat “ALLERGY FACE™” – the beauty challenges like a puffy face, watery eyes and a red nose that are associated with typical allergy symptoms. Also according to a recent survey by the makers of ZYRTEC®, 96 percent of women suffering from allergies experience ALLERGY FACE™. Are you saying: “YES! That is me!!”? I was, when I read that!
Then here comes the best part, Chicas! In an effort to help women look their best despite their allergies, the makers of ZYRTEC® have released video one of a three-part, bilingual video series on YouTube.com/Zyrtec, in which Carmen shares her personal beauty tips to take on ALLERGY FACE™ beauty challenges.
See part one, “Tackling ALLERGY FACE™, One Tip at a Time”, With Carmen Ordoñez, below:
Carmen introduces tips I never used to help disguise a red nose, a puffy face and watery eyes. Her tips include:
- How to Disguise a Red Nose
- How to Contour a Puffy Face
- How to Distract from Watery Eyes
Some of the very helpful things that I have been doing for years and new things I have learned from her are:
- Nose: To help offset redness around your nose, apply a corrector or primer with a green tint, followed by your foundation.
- Face: Add a pearly nude eye shadow to the top of your cheekbones to help them stand out. This will help distract from your ALLERGY FACE™ and illuminate your face.
- Eyes: Draw attention away from puffy eyes by defining your upper lids with a navy liquid liner. Go for a stylish cat eye, which is a favorite among celebrities and has been all over the fashion runways. Start at the inner corner of your eye and create a wing effect once you get to the outer corner of your eye.
Now, I would love to know what YOUR favorite beauty tips are to help combat ALLERGY FACE™ beauty challenges?
Stay tuned for the release of part two and part three of Carmen’s video series, which will be distributed in the summer and fall, respectively. In the meantime, be sure to follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and check her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.
For product savings and rewards to help you feel better, visit Zyrtec.com and ZYRTEC® on Facebook.
This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®